“Girl, when we were younger…”
Yep, I say that, I hear that. Often, actually. There are so many changes going on in our 30s and so much we can’t do anymore. But, don’t be sad, ladies!
There are lots of things we CAN do because we’re older. Gotta love that, right?
Here’s my list of 30 things you can do when you’re 30:
- Can look in the way i want to – i don’t have to be on top of the fashion or beauty trends anymore. i wear what i want, i go out without makeup on and be still proud of myself.
- Can buy something nice.
- Eat better and cook better meal – i can take my sweet time to enjoy more too.
- Have better relationships with people who are close – i send them thank you notes, send flowers with no reason whatsoever, call mom cause she’s getting older too, etc.
- Buy the good wine.
- Use proper glasses – flutes or coupes for sparkling wine, pint glasses for beer, etc.
- Take a lesson (golf, cooking, pole dancing, whatever).
- Go on a road trip to visit an old friend.
- Tell the truth.
- Say “no” – this is biiiig.
- Look past a person’s flaws.
- Look past my own flaws.
- Be selective who I have a relationship with.
- Maintain relationships – i’m more mature and patient now, also i know how precious relationships are.
- Go to the gynecologist without being embarrassed.
- Speak to strangers.
- Handle rejection quite well.
- Be happy for other people, instead of jealous or competitive.
- Can ignore the Kardashians, Rihanna and every other celebrity people talk about on social media.
- Ignore people’s negative comments.
- Ignore my ex.
- Stand up for myself.
- Stand up for people I care about.
- Take a taxi home instead of insisting I’m okay to drive.
- Stop worrying about whether people like me or think I’m pretty.
- Show young ladies what independence looks like.
- Avoid the drama.
- Swap the tanning lotion for eye cream.
- Focus on the smart guy instead of the handsome guy.
- Stop trying to be perfect.
Which you agree the most or disagree? What’s different in your list? Please share with us in the comment.
For more, here’s another interesting article related to read: